6/6/15 – Northside, Cincinnati, OH –– The newest edition of The Northsider Monthly, June 2015 (Vol. 2 Issue 6) came out in print Friday June 5th and online today. Lots of cool stuff to read in this issue, including:
- Information about the Northside 4th of July Parade and The Fall Porch Tour
- Photos from Ride for Reading and the Children’s Park Party
- UC Men’s Soccer Team helps cleanup a Northside dumpsite
- Updates from Happen Inc., WordPlay Cincy, Northside Farmer’s Market and Apple Street Market
- Album Reviews of local bands Dawg Yawp and Wussy
- A community invitation to be part of Northside writer Jen Vanlandingham’s interactive novel experience
- A Spotlight on Hero Gym
- Happen’s Film Critics review the classic Labyrinth (1986)
- An invitation to attend the Cincinnati Human Relations Commission Annual Luncheon
- A Health and Wellness article on unlearning pain from Larry R. Wells of Future Life Now
- An article on building a foundation for justice by Steve Sunderland
- Northside comedian Geoff Tate previews summer movies
If you haven’t picked up or received your issue yet, you can read it online:
Read it, share it and continue to engage with life and culture in the Northside Neighborhood.
Thanks again to all those involved in this monthly grassroots community publication including the contributors to this issue:
The Happen Inc. volunteer newspaper rollers, led by Tommy Rueff of Happen Inc. and his staff.
Delivery Crew: Riccardo Taylor, Karen Andrew, Sue Wilke, Stephen Davis, SaraLynne Thoresen, ThoraLynne McKinney, Mati Senerchia, Noeli Senerchia, Jacob Walker, Daisy Walker, Isaac Hunter, Owen Hunter, Lauren Shockley-Smith, Meredith Shockely-Smith.
The Writers: Matt Luken, Ana Bird, Stefanie Sunderland, Jessica Gresham, Geoff Tate, Mimi Rook, Tim Jeckering, Chuck Brown, Nick Mitchell, Jen VanLandingham, Alisa Balestra, TT Stern-Enzi & the Happen Film Critics. Larry Wells, Steve Sunderland
Artwork/Photos: Jeni Jenkins, Northside Farmer’s Market, Happen Inc., Wordplay, Chris Glass, Veronica Smith., Tommy Reuff, Michael Wilson, Wussy, Jen VanLandingham, Stefanie Sunderland.
Map of Northside provided by: Chris Glass
Also, Thank you to our monthly advertisers for your ongoing support of this publication. Advertisers include: Pallet23, Collective Espresso, Dramakinetics, Thielen Dental Practice, The Comet, NVISION, The Littlefield, Happy Chicks Bakery, Beautiful Strands, Shake It Records, Northside Tavern, Northside Surplus, North Side Bank, North Church, Schaeper Pharmacy, Puppy Prep School, Northside Hardware, Pinnokios Hair Studio, Future Life Now, Bistro Grace, Chameleon, Clifton United Methodist Church, Ruth’s Parkside Cafe, and Emily Valentino.