4/3/15 – Northside, Cincinnati, OH –– The newest edition of the Northsider Monthly, April 2015 (Vol. 2 Issue 4) came out in print and online versions today.
Here is what you can expect to find in this issue:
- This month local photographer Sarah Grider submitted artwork for the cover.
- In COMMUNITY NEWS, Jason Schneider of CNCURC updated us with details on their new name; Tory Kennedy of Dramakinetics shared news of program expansions.
- In EDUCATION, Elissa Yancey of Northside’s non-profit WordPlay shared details of upcoming programming in the months to come; Matt Luken of Happen Inc. shares news of Happen’s educational programming offered in April.
- In FEATURE this month, the sixth article in our series on the plethora of Woman-Owned Businesses in Northside, is an article by Alisa Balestra on Lisa Kagen and Melt/Picnic and Pantry.
- In MUSIC MAKERS this month, staff writer Geoff Tate reviewed the new Mark Utley/Bulletville Album.
- In FOOD CULTURE, Ana Bird of the Northside Farmer’s Market shared an “Almost Spring” recipe; Ginger Dawson, the Intrepid Urban Farmer shared insights on a gardening library.
- In FEATURE | NEW BUSINESS & PEOPLE OF NORTHSIDE, I share my interviews with the new Urban Artifact Brewery team.
- In HEALTH & WELLNESS, Larry Wells of Future Life Now offers insights on neck pain.
- In OPINION, Steve Sunderland share on the importance of caring in cancer care.
- VERSE & PROSE, our section featuring local poets and creative writers, we published a poem by Brandon Niehaus.
- In COMEDY, local comedian Geoff Tate shares his views on select films and one book.
- In SCREEN, Happen’s Film Critics, Oscar, Henry, Gwen, Luci, Simone and Cincinnati Film Critic TT Stern-Enzi, offered us reviews of WOLFY: THE INCREDIBLE SECRET
Read it, share it and continue to engage with life and culture in the Northside Neighborhood. Oh, and don’t forget to check out SCENE, the events calendar for Northside in April on page 21.
Thanks again to all those involved in this mostly volunteer run, monthly grassroots community publication including the contributors to this issue:
The Happen Inc. volunteer newspaper rollers, led by Tommy Rueff of Happen Inc. and his staff.
Delivery Crew: Riccardo Taylor, Karen Andrew, Sue Wilke, Stephen Davis, SaraLynne Thoresen, ThoraLynne McKinney, Mati Senerchia, Noeli Senerchia, Jacob Walker, Daisy Walker, Isaac Hunter, Owen Hunter, Lauren Shockley-Smith, Meredith Shockely-Smith.
The Writers: Jason Schneider, Matt Luken, Tory Kennedy, Ana Bird, Ginger Dawon, Cynthia M. Allen, Brandon E. Niehaus, Geoff Tate, Jeni Jenkins, Elissa Yancey, Alisa Balestra, Larry Wells, TT Stern-Enzi & the Happen Film Critics. Steve Sunderland
Artwork/Photos: NEST, Dramakinetics, WordPlay, Happen Inc., Ana Bird, Ginger Dawson, Urban Artifact
Monthly Cover Artist: Sarah Grider
Also, Thanks again to our monthly advertisers for your ongoing support of this publication. Advertisers include: The Comet, NVISION, Barrio Tequileria, The Littlefield, Marketside Mercantile, Happy Chicks Bakery, Northside Grange, Beautiful Strands, Shake It Records, Greater Cincinnati Jewelry Exchange, Northside Tavern, Northside Surplus, North Side Bank, North Church, Schaeper Pharmacy, Puppy Prep School, Northside Hardware, Pinnokios Hair Studio, Future Life Now, Bistro Grace, YogaAh!, Chameleon, Clifton United Methodist Church, Ruth’s Parkside Cafe, and Emily Valentino.
If you have comments, questions or concerns please do not hesitate to reach out to me.
Thanks for being a great community Northside!
Northsider Monthly Managing Editor/Publisher